A MOTHER'S BIGGEST BLESSING

A MOTHER'S BIGGEST BLESSING

Happy Mother's Day! I love celebrating my children and I equally love when they celebrate me.☺️Flowers, dinner out, clean house, etc, etc (putting that in here just incase one of them reads this😂). It's so fun to be recognized for the hard work you do and appreciated for it. But as with most mothers, what really blesses us is to see our children thrive and especially for me, to see them walk with their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
When I was a new mom, my church was doing a study called Motherwise by Denise Glenn. It was a great study, but what has stuck with me all these years is the biblical prayers that she had us pray over our children. I thought this Mother's Day, I would give you the gift of these prayer and where they come from in scripture.

Prayers for our children:

1. That they will know Christ as Savior early in life. (Psalms 63:1, 2 Timothy 3:15)

2. That they will have a hatred for sin. (Psalms 97:10)

3. That they will be caught when guilty. (Psalms 119:71) 

4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives. (John 17:15)

5. That they will have a responsible attitude in all their interpersonal relationships. (Daniel 6:3)

6. That they will respect those in authority over them. (Romans 13:1)

7. That they will desire the right kind of friends and be protected from the wrong friends. (Proverbs 1:10-11)

8.That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one. (2 Corinthians 6:14-17)

9. That they, as well as those they marry, will be kept pure until marriage. (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

10. That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all circumstances. (James 4:7)

11. That they will be single-hearted, willing to be sold out to Jesus. (Romans 12:1-2)

12. That they will be protected so they can't find their way to the wrong people and the wrong people can't find their way to them. (Hosea 2:6)

Without throwing my children under the bus, I can tell you that some of those things didn't happen for them. In complete transparency, I can tell you that I didn't pray these prayers consistently for them over the years either. If you are in the same boat with me, don't get discouraged! Our God is a God of second, third, fourth, however many chances! They cannot get too messy for God! We need to also not give up on them. Start with me again to fervently pray for our children. Prayer is the most powerful weapon we wield. Let's go to battle on behalf of our children and their beautifully broken lives!

*For more information about Motherwise, please visit www.motherwise.org

Comments

  1. I wish I'd known these verses as my children were growing up. My youngest Jessica went to church with us we tried to teach many of these things, she was always such a good person and daughter. She was involved in church. Well, she graduated high school in 2015 went off to college at NAU and had dated young men in high school and one in college. Her junior year she let her dad and I know she likes a girl, this was devastating for us. I let her know how wrong it was and she pretty much said this is how it us. I blame the liberal way of thinking in Flagstaff, but I wish I had these bible verses and had prayed more for these particular things. She just graduated with her masters and she decided she wants to live with her girlfriend in Flagstaff for a while. I try not to preach and we pray for her all the time to see how this is wrong. I pray will start praying God places the right people in her life. I know God can change things. I tell my husband it will be in Gods time.
    We live her and dont want her to turn from us, so we just keep living her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Yes! All we can do is unconditionally love our children and let God do the convicting. I believe the best thing we can do for our kids is to pray for them. Keep doing what you are doing and I will be praying for you all as well!


      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIAMONDS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND

GOD LOVES ME BUT DOES HE LIKE ME?

FROM BAD TO GOOD